Thursday 3 September 2009

"CRITTERS"


I enjoy making these little creatures, they are weird but I love them. I have given a few away especially to the young nursery nurses at work, they hang them on their bags. I have one the first I made and I hang it on my crafting tote bag. I make them from natural linen or canvas which I then paint with Claudine Hellmuth's gesso followed by Claudines paints, sometimes I spray them with Crafty Notions or Glimmer Mist. The mouth and eye area are splogged with white paint, buttons sewn on for eyes and mouth stitched. I whiz around with the sewing machine, stuff them and stitch up the last part. I prefer to punch a hole in the top or in a ear with my Crop-A-dile, put in an eyelet and use a Tim H ball and chain to hang them. I originally got the idea from a book I have called Canvas Remix by Alisa Burke, a wonderful book.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Pat, I love it. I want one, will you make me one please, pretty please? Ann xx

    ReplyDelete