Sunday 10 January 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 11


Here's my WISE OWL he is my entry for the PDCChallenge this week. The colours to use are Black, white, silver and gold. The background is black card edged in gold with a Krylon pen, a torn edge black and white 7 Gypsies paper "Zanzibar" also edged with the gold Krylon pen, my white card is edged the same and then stamped in black around the edge with a Basic Gray stamp. I stamped the title "Wise Owl" on to black card in gold letters (the letters are meant to be irregular) and edged in gold. The owl I stamped on to silver metal using Black Adirondack, I puffed him out using the TSS metal tools, filled the back with Glossy Accents, his black eyes are done with the Viva black pearl pen. I hope you can see the detail on him as the photos don't always do justice. I love him I have a thing about owls at the moment, he actually is a Basic Gray stamp.

8 comments:

  1. I like owls too, and he's a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pat this is beautiful, love the owl he looks fab!! Good luck with the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Pat, the owl is very well done, you seem to have got a grip with the metal work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, is that ever cool! I have all of the metal working stuff but never have messed with it. Wow!, a stamp! LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope I can learn from you now that I have become a follower - your metalwork is gorgeous. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for listing me on your blog - a great honour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card & what a cute owl. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the puffed out metal owl. How clever! Kate x

    ReplyDelete