Thursday 8 April 2010

A Gorjuss Birthday Card


This is a card (not my usual style) I made for Jill a lovely lady who comes to the Craft Den workshops. It's Jill's birthday on Friday but she doesn't have a blog and doesn't see our blogs so I am quite safe posting it today. I made the card from a kit "3D Die-Cut Decoupage" featuring the Gorjuss girls. I normally don't do this type of card but the colours appealed to me and when I saw a couple that Lynne, who owns Craft Den, had done I just had to buy it. I did use some of my own embellishments, the flower is a Stitchel Shabby from the Artistic Stamper, I added a piece of lace and the Happy Birthday motif is one from Craft Work Cards which I mounted on to a scalloped piece of black card cut on the Cuttlebug using Nestabilities Scalloped circles. I mounted all of it on to black card cut to A5 size, I decorated the inside too but forgot to take a photo,doh!!!!

5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Pat :D I love your hand-made flower & your lace is perfect. The colours are nice too I can see why they appealed to you. :) What a lovely card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Pat, I like the way you've added your own embelishments. They make the card special xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these gorjuss girls. The colours of them are gorgeous. The flowers is a lovely added embelishment. I'm sure Jill will love it. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you made a comment on my blog you said you were going to email me for bears....I have not received any email from you as yet. I'm not wanting to hastle you but I didn't want you thinking I hadn't replied to you if you have sent me an email and I've not had it.
    hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete