Saturday 2 October 2010

OCTOBER BEGINS

I am a little late with my October pages but I needed the time to think about my background and colours. I used the scrape method to paint my pages (old credit card) not a brush. When they were finished I thought they were too bright so covered them with a layer of gesso which I like as it gives a cloudy eerie effect perfect for the Halloween month. I love all the Halloween stamps and images but I am not a fan of Halloween itself. All the stamps I have used are from Tim's Mini Halloween and the wording from 7Gypsies Disclaimer. All the paints I have used are from Dyan's Dylusions range, beautiful colours and finish. I decided to use purple journaling squares and white Sakura gel pen to write with as it shows up better than the black. Oh nearly for got the lovely spider is from my favourite Stampotique range.

6 comments:

  1. Love these pages Pat, your background is fantastic and I love the colours of the square and the white writing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of page Pat just love the colours and the images are just so bootiful!!!!! Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is spooky, I LOVE! Those 2 skeletons on the left .... is one hanging the other with barbed wire? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the hanging skellie..BRILIANT! OOooh, your backgrounds are stunning. :)
    Have a great Sunday, hugs Gez..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What other design for October but halloween, and very nicely done too, I love the spiders and cobwebs, even though I don't like spiders much, pictures don't scare me at all xoxox Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE these pages, perfect for Halloween! Dyan's paints are lush, aren't they? S x

    ReplyDelete