Tuesday, 21 September 2010


Over on "Fun with ATC's" the challenge is to use skulls or a skull on your ATC. I used watercolour paper this time, coloured it with Dyan's new acrylic paints DYLUSIONS in orange and purple. I stamped a background of skulls  in black , used some white gesso for the circles. The skull is from Tim's plain elements grunge shapes, I coloured it with a white dabber acrylic paint and when dry covered it with another dabber "Pearl" attached him with Glossy Accents and put a red crystal in each eye socket. For the finish I mounted it on to black card.

Monday, 20 September 2010


Yesterday was the monthly art journal class at ART FROM THE HEART. I think we all really look forward to these days with Dyan and yesterday I took my 13yr old grand-daughter Isabel, she just loves to go there. Dyan presented us with a challenge as usual, she had some wrapping paper with strange little images I think they are called "Munsters." We had to cut them out and journal with them also using Tim's new Halloween stamps. Our pages didn't necessarily have to be about Halloween but the stamps went perfectly with the "Munsters". Isabel did 2 double page spreads one being "Munsters in the Attic" and the other isn't quite finished but it is about Aliens, I think she just has the wording to do. I haven't finished mine I will blog it at a later date when I have done the wording.

Sunday, 12 September 2010


Michelle over at GPP Street Team has a new challenge this month ~ Scrape. The idea is to paint journal pages with several different colours using a credit card or splodger, brushes are not allowed. I cut a heart stencil from grey board, well 3 actually and then scraped paint through those too. I did my left had page first but didn't like the red I had used, too brown so I did it again using a bright red acrylic paint. It is still darker than the right hand page but it's ok. I think we will be adding to these pages later, if not I will journal about how my heart loves art! I used my A4 Moleskine for this double page spread and then did another double page,same technique in my smaller A5 Moleskine but this time I scraped white Gesso through sequin waste (punchinella) and a plastic spaghetti measure from Asda!

Saturday, 11 September 2010


Here are 2 cards I made this week at the Craft Box Elsecar (near Sheffield). For the first card we used DIs Shabby Shutters, Broken China and Vintage Photo. The image is one of Tim's stamps which we embossed using one of Ranger Distress Powders. The grassy flowery stamp at the bottom edge was stamped and then Perfect Pearls brushed over to give a sheen. The second card again we used Vintage Photo DI. The 2 side panels are stamped with a script and ribbon attached, the right hand side panel should have a bow attached but I didn't want one so later I may attach one of Tim's idea-ology pieces or a flower. My favourite of the two is the bird one.

Tuesday, 7 September 2010


Over on "FUN WITH ATCs" the challenge is WINGS. I used Tims Vintage Shabby paper covered with Rock Candy crackle paint. The image with wings is a Sugar Nellie stamp coloured with Copic markers and the wings painted with a gold dabber acrylic paint.  The bird attached to the ribbon is from Tims ideaology and I used a few pearl beads for extra decoration along with the white ribbons and pink embroidery silk.

Monday, 6 September 2010


Typography what does it mean, words and phrases. The background to these 2 journal pages are made from words and phrases cut from magazines, they are all black and white, glued to the pages using Claudines "extra time slow-dry medium". You may still be able to see some of the words but I covered them with watered down gesso. Using 2 of my large "Crafters Workshops"stencils I sprayed with Ranger Color Wash in Cranberry and Stream. Before spraying I stamped in black some of Tims "Spills and Splatters" and "Slight Alterations" also the wording "embrace imperfections" I have journaled on one of the pages in the swirls but it may be difficult for you to see on the photo. I also have a positive and negative effect on the pages as when I sprayed through the stencils I then turned them over on to the next page to use up all the ink. If you like my pages be sure to leave me a comment they are well appreciated.

Friday, 3 September 2010


Finished at last quite a few of us have been running against the clock this time it seems even Kate (the Kathryn Wheel) who organised this challenge That awful splodge on my August page actually is a lovely shiny "Golden" (make of paint) Iridescent paint which in real life does not look like a splodge, it must be the light when I took the photo. So back to this month I used Jo Sonja's paints, with a few runny drips here and there. The border at the top of the pages is Graphic 45 Botanicabella, the squares and the 3 pears are from the same papers. The large Pear and Apple are a couple of stamps I bought when Sue Roddis had her sale earlier in the year. The September word I cut from a magazine, it actually was pale grey so I changed it using a black marker pen and edged in white as are the squares and fruit and banner.


A little late but better late than never, I have just finished my August pages in my art calendar challenge organised by the lovely Kate. Well I say finished they could do with a few more embellishments but maybe I will have time to do that later.