Friday 27 January 2012

METAL MIRROR

Tomorrow it is my Grand-daughter Elena's 16th birthday and as part of her birthday present I have decorated an Ikea mirror for her. She particularly likes black and has black shiny furniture in her bedroom, (it would give me nightmares) the mirror will go well in her room. I used Ten Seconds Studio silver metal, embossed with Cuttle Bug folders put through the Vagabond, then painted with Dylusions black acrylic paint. I sanded the metal to allow the silver to show through and then attached all the squares with Hummungo Tape, it was finished off with the strips of silver metal tape. I am quite pleased with it so will probably make another one as I have 3 Ikea mirrors in my cupboard.

8 comments:

  1. A gorgeous mirror, Elena will absolutely love it, love all the different patterns xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mirror! Love it! might have to scrap lift it if you dont mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Tis truly gorgeous Pat! I like that paisley block :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word Pat this is just wonderful and so you as I know you love metal work and each section is just so perfect! Elena will love adore it! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely textures it will look great with the black furniture. x C

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - this is awesome Pat! I love it and I'm sure your granddaughter will too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous Pat, Elena will love it I know I do. Have a good weekend. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is absoloutely gorgeous Pat. Your grand daughter will be very proud of you and is sure to love it as much as the love you clearly put into making it. It really looks like a designer piece - you should make some more and flog them - it's great.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete