Wednesday 11 July 2012

ANOTHER PAPER BLOCKING CANVAS

I am really into this Paper Blocking technique that I found on Hels blog also on One Lucky Day blog. It's so much fun to do. I made this canvas using Tim's papers again but this time it is the pinky tone paper, after sealing it with Claudine's Multi Matt Medium I rubbed here and there some of Golden's Iridescent red paint. I mixed pink paint into the texture paste before scraping it over a stencil. The figures again are all from Stampotique one boy and four girls. I made this canvas for a friend who is not having a very good time at the moment, she has one son and four daughters represented by the Stampotique images. I gave this to my friend tonight and she loved it.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh Pat! I love this and can imagine how your friend must have too. Love the way you used the stencils....and that Stampotique family, well.....fantastic!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one, love the used of the Iridescent paint, keep forgetting about that, I bet your friend loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat... gorgeous piece of art work. I'm sure your friend was thrilled to receive this gift. Fantastic.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat I love your work. Especially that huge bee on your July calendar. am sorry you are having such rainy weather. I can relate, living in the Cascade mountain foothills in Washington state. We had the worst Spring and June... so much rain after such a tough winter. We had a horrific ice storm in January...no power for 8 days, trees down everywhere. We had to cut our way out with a chain saw. Crews from several states came to help bring the power back. So I am hoping our summer will be sunny and warm. Though I don't care for the fire danger. Keeps one on their toes so to speak. Flood are horrible. The valley below us has had many. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it lady looks fab! Was gonna ask u to bring it Thursday to see it in person but too late lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why your friend loved it - it's wonderful!
    Thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this family and terrific blocking. Love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic canvas Pat, love it :-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete