Monday 9 July 2012

PAPER BLOCKING TECHNIQUE

I saw this technique on Hels Sheridan's blog, recently and really liked what she had done using this technique. I had a spare 8"x10" canvas board so I thought I would have ago. I used Tim's papers in blue and the greyish/beige colour, sorry I can't remember what the paper stack is called and have lost the front cover. I glued all the papers to the canvas using Liqutex multi-medium, when dry I gave it a coating of Claudine's Blank canvas paint mixed with water to make a "wash". I used texture paste through a stencil  to give an added layer of interest and cut out paper cogs from one of Tim's dies. The two boy images are from Stampotique. The words are from the Rolf Harris song which I thought appropriate. It is a friends birthday this week, she has 2 little grand-sons so I made it for her I hope she likes it. You can also see this technique here on One Lucky Day blog

5 comments:

  1. Aw Pat this is awesome, I love it, love the papers and the texture, I'm sure your friend will adore it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Pat, made me smile. I'm also sure your friend will love it!
    Wishing you a lovely day,
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, what a wonderful technique x

    ReplyDelete