Sunday 24 March 2013

WHAT YOU CAN DO WHEN SNOWED IN!

DH went out in his 4x4 to do the shopping and I worked on this page in my Dylusions Art Journal by Ranger, I love this journal infact I have two and can't wait for the next lot to appear in different sizes. For the background  I used Tim's Distress Paints Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Vintage Photo and Picket Fence, I love these paints they are so easy to apply. I glued various ephemera to the page, lace, torn book page, music, old air line ticket, mesh and film strip ribbon from Tim's Idea-ology range. The photo is from my Sleeping Beauty ballet programme which I distressed a little using a fine sand paper. The drips and splashes are Dylusion inks Black Marble and Nutmeg, butterfly is from a magazine. Actually the whole page was inspired by the front cover of Somerset Apprentice which was done on a canvas but I thought it would look good as a grungy journal page hope you do too. The photo looks a bit dark even though it was taken in the window with glaring white snow and sun shining through. Now I am going to carry on working in my book Art Doodle Love by Dawn DeVries Sokol which is a wonderful book for art journalling I love it.

5 comments:

  1. Looks fab! Now I could just be snowed in all week I too could get much crafting done....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant page, certainly looks as though you enjoyed making it -love all those little details! I have nominated you for the Liebster award - hope you don't mind! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Pat loads of texture. Well done. x c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages Pat. I'm working my way through sewing type things that are awaiting mending/completing. I'm glad the snow's stopped now, if it was too heavy I wouldn't go line dancing tonight.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You a re right - it does look good as a grungy journal page, Pat. I love those drippy lines!

    ReplyDelete